Monday, March 17, 2008

Congratulations!

Words are insufficient to express the satisfaction that came along with this subject line mail from Asian Institute of Management, Manila Representative Office in Mumbai, India.


The mail was intended to convey the confirmation of my admission to the Class of 2008-09, starting September 08. The feeling was unimaginable in terms of the magnitude of emotions that went thru my mind. It was awesome!! It is simply unbelievable for me to realize that I’ll need to leave Bangalore to pursue my management education..... It was a dream for me since long... and finally... still keeping my fingers crossed and hoping things to sail smoothly.

The sense of accomplishment is magnified given the fact that I was the youngest in my group and my group discussion and interview experience was also very moderate. Nothing much to boast and unpredictable too....

For now, I’m waiting for the hard copies to reach my permanent address in Kolkata. Also, I’m in process of identifying and searching lucrative and reasonable educational financing options. I just hope to find something worthwhile soon!!

Shubhobrato Ghosh shall keep writing on the latest developments!!! [:)]

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

how was your experience in the whole admission process at aim? i'll be taking the aimat on may 10 and honestly i feel very much nervous about what's going to happen. I have no idea what to expect. I really wanted to take up my mba program there. i do hope to see you there. congtulations by the way!

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I was reading 'The AIM Blogger' when I stumbled upon this link. Congratulations for being selected! I, too, am going to join AIM for the session starting September'08. So, I thought maybe I should just ping you :) So, have you started the visa processing & stuff?

Shubho said...

@Bipasha:
Thanks for the wishes and congratulations to you too!! Am yet to send the confirmation to the Mumbai Rep office and then shall start the process for visa application and stuff. I think we have good amt of time for that.....

PK said...

@both bipasha and shubo ,
---> anotheer fella that recently got his admit !

Shubho said...

@PK:
Welcome! Seems this is serving a good purpose of getting us acquainted to each other.

PK said...

yeah. any idea of the guys (women too!) in mumbai , would love to meet up.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shubho & PK,
U r the first ppl I have been able to contact.So, we r all at different locations!I understand Shubho is at B'lore & PK at Mumbai. & I am at Hyderabad. I did ask the India-Rep for contacts of others who might be joining AIM but he replied that that wud be possible only after the 11th July confirmations were received. Makes sense, too.
@PK:I came across the email id of a guy from Pune on pagalguy.com who was looking for ppl joining AIM- can look it up for u if that'd help...

PK said...

lets build up the network slowly then !

btw: my mail addy is
prashant85@gmail.com ;

Shubho said...

Hi PK & Bipasha!

I'm not sure if you are aware of the orkut community that is dedicated to the incoming class this year. There are a lot of active discussions going on there and its really informative. I'm sure you would find out people from your respective cities on that community.
Regarding the network, we have a good one here at Bangalore and we've met a couple of time.
If you have any specific queries, please do ask, I'll be glad to help :-)

Anonymous said...

oh! is that so?! i looked up orkut & yahoogroups some time back but didnt find anything relevant then...will sure search once more, now that i know. Thanx for the info!
:)

PK said...

I think you can start a paralell networking forum on this blog boss :P

Anonymous said...

Hi Shubho,
do let me know the community name, havent had a chane to check but wud like to do it over the weekend...
thanx!

Shubho said...

@PK: I take that suggestion of yours as a compliment! Hope to do so in the future :-)

@Bipasha: Please go to the link below.
http://www.orkut.co.in/Community.aspx?cmm=45776460
Hope to c ya there :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Shubho,
I have joined the community!
thanx,
bipasha:)