Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Maiden Philippine Experience

This is my first post from the archipelago of 7000 islands, The Philippines. I am presently located in Manila, the capital of Philippines, placed on the picturesque Luzon Island. The motive that brings me here to this distant land, is the persuance of MBA at the esteemed Asian Institute of Management in Makati City, Manila. Makati happens to be the Central Business District (CBD) of Manila and is the commercial epicentre of the country. One can observe a marked cultural difference in the country compared to India, and I am still trying to figure out intricate details of the same. Its amazing I must say!

The AIM Campus, however, feels very much at home due to the fact that Indian Students capture the majority of the student Diversity pie.

The classes of Pre MBA, puposed to make us aware of the Accounting, Economics and Quantitative Basics, have already started for us and the schedule has been very hectic as expected, the change in the biological cycle of the body has been drastic over the past few days, but its enjoyable too. Brings back the college days once again!

I have'nt had a chance to roam around the city and find out more about the place as this is my first week at AIM. So, I would leave you with some pictures and try to bring forth more experiences, learnings and Information in the days to come.






























2 comments:

Sudipto basak said...

Dear shubho,
Good that you are getting fascinated by Manila now start enjoying it !!!
Tell me who is Ninoy?
Tell me who was the first president Of philippines?present president?
who is Pac-man ?
what is the claim to fame of lydia de vega?
more to come if you are interested...

Shubho said...

1.Tell me who is Ninoy?

Ninoy Aquino fought nobly for a cause he believed in. He was a man who believed in heroism, in justice, in freedom, and he committed his life to upholding these values in a manner he thought would be for the greater good.

2. Tell me who was the first president Of philippines?

While the Philippines consider Emilio Aguinaldo to be the first president, the First Republic fell under the United States following the Philippine-American War. Manuel L. Quezon is considered to be the first president by the United States and the first to win an election.

3.present president?

The current president is Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, considered the 14th president.

what is the claim to fame of lydia de vega?

Lydia de Vega-Mercado is a former athlete from the Philippines, was considered Asia's fastest woman in the 1980s.She ran away with the gold medal in the 100-meter dash in the 1982 New Delhi Asiad and duplicated the feat in the 1986 Seoul Asiad.

I hope you are satisfied with the answers above. But, let me know the answer for the Pac Man question.

Waiting for more to come....