Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Nostalgia

I will narrate you a small incident that is a part of me and can never be lost……………

Dated: 7th December 2005

It was 6.00 or 6.30 in the morning on my birthday in Ranchi. The winters are chilling in Ranchi at that time. I was sleeping in my room at my house (as any sane person would do), I heard something disturbing my ears, "Happy Birthday to you....... Happy Birthday to you...... oh it’s my birthday....... so I must be dreaming I guess....” Again that same thing..... I opened my eyes and to my utter shock, there were some one dozen people standing around me and singing the happy birthday song. I was too sleepy to recognize faces; I had barely opened up my eyes. But, now I could distinctly see each of them, every one was there..... Neha Ruchi Nidhi Nivedita Pranidhi Surbhi Pallavi Ankit Pushkar Goldy Thapa Shinu....... oh God! I was still in a trance to realize all of this. After a while, I was in my total senses and could see the shock transforming to an elation of the highest degree. I was simply flabbergasted.... I can’t explain. There were cakes, flowers all around me and I found myself amidst the sweetest incident of my life. I could not believe that a surprise of this magnitude in this early morning could ever take place (I must tell you that one needs to experience the biting nature of the winters in Ranchi), given the fact that these are the people who failed regularly to reach the morning 8.50 lecture, barring a few toppers in the list :-) Moreover, I was with all these guys until 8.30 last night and talking to my sweetheart till 4.30 in the morning. It was all the moment of my life and what followed is one of my most precious memories. Then, I came to know about the whole story behind this, that even my sweet mom was involved in this and also came to know that none of them had even brushed their teeth (yuck!!). This was by far the best birthday I could have ever had, shared with all the people whom I could call as mine.


Life was like a dream that time, everything was perfect. I was among the people who were recalcitrants and believed their greatness comparable to Neil Armstrong :-). We were all a part of the small family called the IT section and I can bet that a class cannot get more ideal, more perfect, more bonded than this, I am proud of each one of them. I wanted to write this down not as a tribute to all of them, because that would be the biggest disrespect of their feelings, but because I did not want this to fade away in memory lane and wanted to relive it again and also because I love all of them.

Life at BIT, Mesra was a phase when we were always surrounded by the company of true friends, and ironically did not realize the worth (thats my personal opinion). But, now we do and just want to rewind it on a quixotic note, knowing that it cannot. I realize the truth in the words my dad once told me "You can make friends only till you are in college, after that all you can make are acquaintances". Life has to move on and we cannot live our dreams forever, but at least we can cherish them and keep them close to our hearts..........

Love you Friends........... Each of you rock..........

I will leave you with this dulcet work of art as a tribute to our bonding (Thanks to Neha)....... you need to watch it to admire it!!



Unfortunately, these are memories that are beyond the scope of words and even a raconteur would find it hard to promulgate. Hope to have served the purpose to some extent.

**Always remember to forget, The things that made you sad.
But never forget to remember, The things that made you glad.

Always remember to forget, The friends that proved untrue.
But don't forget to remember, Those that have stuck by you.

Always remember to forget, The troubles that have passed away.
But never forget to remember, The blessings that come each day.

** Author Unknown

1 comment:

Nivedita Saxena said...

:)
u brought fresh the old memories...tat was a wonderful day for sure.reason being your bdae wich brought us closer as v were..also i remember tat was the 1st treat in wich u had invited my fren over...wil tell ya sumtin..tat day had it not been ya bdae, i would have plainly denied for any outings coz i wanted to be in colg spending time with..but couldnt hav denied ya invitation.it was cho cweet f u to..and still let me spend time wit ma fren..
sumtimes i wish if i could turn back time...n relive those moments again..IT Freshers,rajrappa trip,ya bade,bdae treats,xamz, fun..it was a golden period ya!!!
and also wen u guys banged ankits car!!!hahahaa!!
miss ya all!!
seriously lots!!
love u all!!